Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SGA Elections- Keep Moving and Don't Make Eye

This year it seems that the Student Government Elections have been on overdrive around campus. Student Government is something that the all of the students should be excited about and something that everyone on campus is interested, but sadly that is not the case. Many students, myself included, have an indifferent view about the SGA elections. For most students it is about the free snacks, t-shirts or other goodies that they accumulate throughout the campaigning period. I have a routine that I follow on campus when things like this are going on on campus; Keep Moving and Don't Make Eye Contact. It is the only way to get through the madhouse of people trying to throw things at you or hand you a paper you are just going to throw away. Some of the time I will go complelty out of the way to avoid having to deal with the two parties catching me.
I feel that this year I have witnessed first hand all of the madness that comes with this campaigning process because one of my roommates is running for board of governors. For a good week in a half we could not walk in the garage of our apartment because there were signs and boxes and who know what else that spread all over the place. There was another two or three days this past week that week couldn't see our living room furniture because there was so many t-shirts and campaign materials spread all over the room the furniture disappeared. The chaos of the election didn't stop at my house I felt like it was following me everywhere. My phone is constantly going off and 9 times out of 10 this week it has been about this stupid election, vote for this person or vote for that person. Its about to drive a girl crazy. I understand the need for Student Government and I feel that people have some really good ideas to express, but if your sending me hunreds of text messages and facebook notifications, there is a good chance that I am going to get annoyed by the whole thing and not vote at all.

Keep Moving and Don't Make Eye Contact 

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it any better myself.. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had kids come to my apt. door and ask if I could sign in myself and let them vote. WTF??? These kids are supposed to be running for SOG. So crazzy.

    ReplyDelete