Sunday, April 24, 2011

Hoppy Easter!!

Happy Easter Everyone!

Although, I have grown too old for the early morning rush of running down the hallway to see what the Easter Bunny might have brought my brother and I. Or the hours my brother and I would spend Easter morning hunting for Easter eggs again and again, the meaning of Easter has grown into something more. I have always enjoyed the Easter weekend, with family visiting and big dinners with them each year I begin to realize how special the meaning of Easter is. Even though this years Easter was a little bit different for my family, visiting my dad in Louisville at Radical Rehab and having brunch instead of and early dinner, I think this Easter has been one of the most rewarding Easter I can remember. I am thankful to have this day with my family and the continued recovery of my dad. It has been a great weekend spent with my dad showing us all of the things he passes everyday in his travels and actives at the center. He remembered from the last time I was there that I wanted to see Churchill Downs where the Kentucky Derby is held, so we went on a tour of that on Saturday, followed by driving around the University of Louisville Campus. It was a miserable rainy day while we were driving around but my dad made it so fun by singing and dancing to the 70's on 7 XM station. It was probably the funniest thing I have seen him do in a looong time. My family and I were laughing so hard we were crying! Today for Easter we had Brunch at a Louisville Restaurant, my dad wasn't thrilled about the idea because it wasn't the way we normally spend the day but he was easily persuaded we he saw the dessert table and started doing this little hum, that he has done for as long as I can remember, of course my family and I started cracking up and the whole restaurant was looking at us like what could possible be that funny. It was like we were back to normal for a little while and it was a really great feeling. I loved spending the weekend with my family in Louisville. I hope each of you got to spend the Easter weekend with the people that you loved and enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment