Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Laughter is Contagious

As the old saying goes, Laughter is the best medicine and today I believe that to be true. My family and I take turns calling my dad every night and today it was my turn. As soon as he answered the phone I could tell in his voice there was a little change, within two minutes of talking to him I had him laughing. It was wonderful to finally hear my dad laugh his old laugh! There was a time on this journey that I was afraid I would never hear that laugh again. But hearing it today completely melted my heart and I had a renewed since of hope, like okay my dad is still there. Through this "marathon of recovery" that we have been running as a family, laughter is one thing that has pushed us through. We take it one step at at time and continue to be positive and get our dose of laughter whenever possible.



This is the most recent picture of us, this Christmas 2011 <3

1 comment:

  1. So true!!! Everyone makes fun of me for laughing so much, but I'd rather laugh at nothing than to never laugh at all. :)

    ReplyDelete