Thursday, April 21, 2011

Daddy's Girl

I can honestly say I have always been a daddy's girl. My dad and I have a special bond that isn't like anything else that I have with my mom or anyone else in my family. I completely adore him to this day and maybe even more than I did when I was 5 and he was my superhero! He has always worked really hard in his life and has provided my brother and I with so many opportunities and memories that I admire him for all the time. In the pass year I think our bond has gotten even stronger with him over coming his injury. As hard it was to see my hero hurt I knew that I had to be the one to fix it and make him back to the hero I have always know. In the beginning when he was here in Morgantown at Health South I would spend hours with him and his therapist working on getting his strength and his mobility back. I was so glad that he was able to be here in Morgantown and I was able to help him in whatever way I could. I remember one of the first week he was at Health South and the therapist were working with him and I came walking down the hall way and he stopped what he was doing and waved for the first time. It was of the greatest feelings just seeing that small gesture and knowing that he recognized me from a distance was incredible. From that day I knew that I could get through this if I continued to have little moments like this. With my dad currently in Louisville, Kentucky finishing the thearphy that he needs is has been really hard for me to not being able to see him every day or talking to him everyday that I am used to doing. Although I know that Radical Rehab is where he needs to be and they have donemiracles with his recovery, I always secretly wish that he was close to me. I guess that's just me wanting to be there to help him. Since he is so far away, I alway try to send him cards and little things that make me think of him every week. A few weeks ago I sent him a T-shirt that I knew he would like with a picture of I had taken while I was on Spring Break. One of my dad therapist e-mailed me today and told me that he was showing of the T-shirt that I sent him and telling everyone that I sent it to him. I was so excited reading that and also proud that he was wearing it. Just another small little thing that he does to make me know that I am still his girl. I know that know matter what happens in my life I will always cherish that special bond that we have. I am always proud to say that I am a Daddy's Girl and that my dad is my Hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment